Tuesday, May 12, 2015

YOU have got to read YOU by Caroline Kepnes




5 very disturbing and psychotic stars.

I am having a hard time doing anything since I completed this book, or rather since I started this book.

It was all I could think about, seriously it consumed me not unlike the main character was consumed with the object of his desire.

It is easy to relate to this person and I think in the end that is what I found most disturbing about it. Because you are constantly in the narrator's head you start to think well this girl would make anyone a little crazy.

The author uses some beautiful writing, wonderful pop culture references cementing you in the now and allowing you to think that somewhere this could be happening to someone which makes me shudder.

I don't think I have been left feeling truly disturbed by a book like I was with this one since I read "The Circle" by Dave Eggers which is a whole other story.

Told from the perspective a a stalker who doesn't feel like he is stalking the girl he loves but is helping protect her from anyone and anything that will stand between her and her life as well as their happiness.

He takes extreme measures to reach this goal and although I can not go into a lot of detail without giving to much away just know that this book will NOT be for everyone.

It is dark and twisted and written in such a way that it will not leave your mind for long.

I heard there was also going to be a sequel and I have anxiety just thinking about what that could possibly contain.

20821614

No comments:

Post a Comment