Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It seems like it has literally been forever since I have used this blog.

That definitely doesn't mean I have not been reading.

Everyday I come closer and closer to my Goodreads yearly reading goal on 125 books.

This is a huge jump from last year when my plan was to only read 50 books but I exceeded it by over 30 books so I decided to set my sights a little higher this year.

This has proved a little easier with my new found admiration for graphic novels.

Has anyone been keeping up with Marvel's new Ms. Marvel.

She is an amazingly witty woman of color and her sass just makes me happy.


Other than that I have been kind of living by the draw a title out of a hat to read mentality. Actually for me it is a fox shaped mug I got from one of my besties for my birthday but I would definitely say it has made for a diverse reading year so far and I am loving it. 

I have also received a few ARC's from Netgalley (netgalley.com) lately and I am working my way through those hoping to get a review out for those well before the publishing date. (not that a single person reads my ramblings but it is nice to get my thoughts down about books I am genuinely excited about.

Other than that I am now, and have been for some time, a resident of the state of Louisiana where is rains all the time. I still have a wonderful husband, dog, and fat cat and have the addition of an adorable kitten we found this winter abandoned in the middle of an alley way who we affectionately refer to as the street rat of the group.

That't it for now I am looking forwarding to picking up where I left off and hopefully being more active in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment