Monday, August 3, 2015

Alex + Ada Vol 1 Review

21823465

Book: Alex and Ada Vol 1
Authors: Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication Date: June 16, 2014

Description: 

From JONATHAN LUNA (GIRLS, THE SWORD, ULTRA, Spider-Woman: Origin) and SARAH VAUGHN (Sparkshooter) comes ALEX + ADA, a sci-fi drama set in the near future. The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids. But after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot.

My Review: 

I loved this.

I can not wait to continue. I was very impressed with the concept and storytelling and thought the idea was very much like the movie IRobot which I loved.

I think that the idea of having a robot living with you and doing anything you need while looking and feeling human is a bit scary but I think it is pretty amazing that our main character also wants this robot to have its own thoughts and opinions.

To have a robot be almost human can kind of cloud the right and wrong of loving or befriending them as they are not really "real" but can have human emotions. It is definitely a gray area and would be difficult to navigate in this near future story.

I liked where this is headed. I think the problem that some people have with the art style is kind of silly. It is a bit plain and the colors are muted and not the most vibrant but I think it flows well with the story telling.

I was approved to read volume 3 on netgalley so I am working my way to it in order to find out if this series just keeps getting better like I think it will.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

Read if you enjoyed: 


1605479321418013

No comments:

Post a Comment