Thursday, August 20, 2015

Comic Book Binge Read

My husband is stuck doing inventory for work this weekend so I will be at home just waiting for him to be done before we can go out and do anything fun.

That being said I decided to come up with a plan for my own fun.

I have numerous (around 10) comic books on NetGalley.com that I need to get reviewed, one being the conclusion to the Alex & Ada series I previously reviewed on here. I have read Vol 2 and just need to complete Vol 3 and am really looking forward to getting to this and finding out what the future holds for these two lovers.

Some of the other volumes I have are things a bit outside of my standard graphic novel comfort zone but that is what makes them so exciting. 

I really only began reading comics/graphics this year and I was completely taken aback by how engrossing and visually satisfying they can be.

Plus they have a lot of humor that just really resonates with me as a reader and I just did not expect that at all.

Really looking forward to sharing my thoughts and feelings as I dive into these comics.

If you don't know what netgalley.com is, it is actually a site were publishers can approve reviewers to review upcoming releases or previously released items that might have a sequel coming out soon etc to help build hype around the new release and make it more known.

I have been a member for a few years now but only actively reviewing for about a year and I love it. 

I have had so many opportunities to discuss upcoming releases and work with publishers to promote new books coming out and even host giveaways. I actually have a review coming soon that has a giveaway associated with a new release. 





Challenge Participant

Reviews Published

Professional Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment