Wednesday, June 3, 2015

22918050

Goodreads link for description and additional book reviews:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22918050-the-heir?from_search=true&search_version=service

My Review:

I really enjoyed the original Selection Trilogy. It was just how everyone describes it to be, basically the bachelor plus royalty.

I raced through the first ones and was both captivated and entertained but also took it very lightly because, let's be honest, not some sort of amazing piece of literature people will still be reading for years to come.

When I heard the author was writing a companion series I was intrigued but not overly excited. I kept asking myself what they could do differently.

The answer, not a lot. Seriously. Although this story takes place from the one doing the selecting instead of one of the characters hoping to be selected I just didn't feel like there was much of a difference.

Up until about 95% I was like is that really it?

Eadlyn was bratty and obnoxious which really reminded me of America and some of the potential suitors could develop into good characters in the story continues but for the most part the story was bland.

I don't want to spoil anything but if I had to guess who it would be I would have a pretty good idea at this point.

Maybe I will be surprised. And if you couldn't tell by my last comment, although I didn't love this or find it near as fun as the first series I did enjoy it enough to want to know what happens next.

I would say if you enjoyed the selection, kind of loved to hate America, and want something light hearted than you will enjoy this fast paced read.

No comments:

Post a Comment