Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lord of the FliesLord of the Flies by William Golding

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I actually listened to this audio book. Part with my husband over the holidays and the rest on my own as we didn't have any other lengthy car rides planned together for awhile. It was a re-read for him anyways and I believe he is doing the same (listening to the rest on his own).

I listed to a version that was read by the author. His accent and word pronunciation are often times comical but that just might be because it was just so different from other narrators I have listened to.

I really enjoyed the story. The savagery and raw human nature in this book are what make it such a classic. The fact that a group on young men and small children get stranded on an island and basically resort to prehistoric society in the process is both fascinating and disturbing.

The elements of the society they knew and the society they create are intertwined in such a unique way. It was so strange to see rules and leadership and then the slow decline and immediate drop off of democracy into a fear based dictatorship.

The fact that crimes like murder are transformed into something that is clouded by the island is just so neat to see. I know this book has been talked to death but I enjoyed it. I definitely think this is worth the read in terms of classics.





View all my reviews

Read this if you enjoyed:

4981  7613

No comments:

Post a Comment