Friday, January 8, 2016

Top 10 New Releases I Want To Read In 2016



Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1484715772?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Absolutely loved Bracken's Darkest Minds Trilogy and accompanying novellas and can't wait to see what she does with a new series. The premise of this sounds amazing. Time travel and romance are never something I shy away from and emotions she was able to evoke with her last series make me know that I will be heartbroken by the end of this one.



Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0374384738?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I have a few series wrap-ups on my list as most anticipated and I am up-to-date on this one. I can't wait to find out what happens between Kestrel and Arin and what becomes of the political system that is keeping them apart. Because this is an end to a trilogy I won't say much but I will say if you like romance, politics, and action this is a great series. I read the first two books in a weekend.




Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0399162437?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

This is another end to a trilogy coming out in mid-2016. I have read the first book in 2014 and thought it was one of the best si-fi/alien books I had ever read. I got busy and distracted by mixed reviews for book 2 and haven't read it yet but think this series will end with a bang. Yancy is an excellent writer and I am looking forward to finding out how this ends.



                                      Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385743602?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Again, the end to a trilogy (maybe I should have split these up on the list) that I can't wait to read. Luckily this comes out in Feb 2016 so I won't have to wait long. The conclusion to The Reckoners series promises answers about the origin of what is causing ordinary humans to have super powers and maybe a solution to the corruption using these powers causes.



                                        Pre-Order It Here:
                                          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0399171622?                           psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This is book two in the Wrath and the Dawn series. The first book was a 2015 release so this would be an easy one to dive into because it has not been out long. This is a retelling of the Classic "1001 Arabian Nights" and the writing is fast paced and the romance has a slow build. There also promises to be quite a bit of action in book two which I think will really help round out the story.



                                          Pre-Order It Here:
                                            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595148418?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I actually haven't been the biggest fan or Richelle Mead to date. I read the first book in both her Vampire Academy Series and her Georgina Kincaid series and just thought they were okay. However, the description for this sounds way to unique to pass up. We not only have the old west which promises to include elements of the Gold Rush and territory life but we also have an English style 17/1800 court life element as well.

I have never heard of anything along the lines of this and had to add it to my TBR. 




                                      Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1619634465?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Book two of the series commonly referred to as ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses) promises to be an intense look at the dying off of the fairy life we only got a glimpse of in book one. The first story was pitched as a Beauty and the Beast retelling but I think those story elements sort of wrapped themselves up in the first book so I am looking forward to finding out where she takes book two. I have only read a few books by Maas but she has no disappointed me yet.



Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062380850?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

There is literally no description of this on amazon yet and it isn't scheduled to release until July but Victoria (or V.E. for her adult books) has done nothing but impress me the last two years. I have read most of her published works and although there were some plot holes in her Darker Shade of Magic series I think the sequel will fill in the blanks and I can't wait to see how she approaches monsters after already tackling alternate universes, ghosts, and super villains. 



                                        Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805099255?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Another conclusion to a series that I am really looking forward to in 2016. The Remnant Chronicles follows are main character as she fleas to escape an arranged marriage. Both the Price she was supposed to marry and an assassin follow her and the first book is filled with the reader trying to decipher who is who. I loved that aspect of the story and although I haven't picked up the middle book in the trilogy I plan to this year so I can see how this wraps up. It is pretty obvious from the cover that we can expect a exciting action driven conclusion.




                                        Pre-Order It Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616559454?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I have read almost every single book or item Chuck Palahiniuk has written. I actually started out reading this graphic in single issue but my local store I purchase from kept selling out so I have a signed 1st issue, 2nd issue and the 4th. I kind of gave up on trying to get the single issues and this comes out the day before my birthday so I plan to get myself a little birthday surprise.

Honorable Mention:

                                     Pre-Order It Here:

http://smile.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Novel-Han-Kang/dp/0553448188/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451947108&sr=1-1&keywords=the+vegetarian



A beautiful, unsettling novel in three acts, about rebellion and taboo, violence and eroticism, and the twisting metamorphosis of a soul
 
Before the nightmares began, Yeong-hye and her husband lived an ordinary, controlled life. But the dreams—invasive images of blood and brutality—torture her, driving Yeong-hye to purge her mind and renounce eating meat altogether. It’s a small act of independence, but it interrupts her marriage and sets into motion an increasingly grotesque chain of events at home. As her husband, her brother-in-law and sister each fight to reassert their control, Yeong-hye obsessively defends the choice that’s become sacred to her. Soon their attempts turn desperate, subjecting first her mind, and then her body, to ever more intrusive and perverse violations, sending Yeong-hye spiraling into a dangerous, bizarre estrangement, not only from those closest to her, but also from herself. 
 
Celebrated by critics around the world, The Vegetarian is a darkly allegorical, Kafka-esque tale of power, obsession, and one woman’s struggle to break free from the violence both without and within her.

(info per amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment