Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Top Series I Want To Read/Finish in 2016



There are a few obvious books series that are concluding this year that are on my most anticipated releases list that will be out later this week but what I really tried to focus on with this list is series I have read the first of (or first few) and their sequels have been gathering dust on my shelves.

All these series I WANT to read. If I don't like the first book I won't continue and I think most of these I gave 4 or 5 stars. I am just excited by new and shiny things and haven't made my way back to these series. However, hopefully that will change this year!

16034235

This series promises to be a 6 book fantasy series and I have also started Maas's second series but I am not quite as desperate to continue on because book two is just coming out this year while the Throne of Glass series already has 4 books published and a collection of prequel novellas. I really need to jump back on this band wagon as it is definitely a favorite of so many people. 

15711341

I really liked this. I didn't love it but I really really liked it. Maybe the not loving it as much as so many other series I started this year has what stopped me from continuing on right away but I heard they only continue to get better and with the 4th book being published in 2016 it makes my list of things to do.


17675462

This first book made my list this year of Top 10 books I read. I don't need to explain why I will be continuing on in 2016 but I will say the 4th book drops this year and I can't wait to fangirl with everyone else.

10088114

I think this will be one of the more challenging series to complete as this comic book series currently encompasses 49 single issues. I have read the first volume which is only issue 1-6 so I have a ways to go but damn if I didn't just love this. Part horror, part seeding ruling party, and part bad ass kids fighting for freedom it really has a character to offer every reader. I can't wait to dive back into this one.

7728889

I have had this book since maybe 2012? I am not sure. It has definitely been awhile and for some reason it intimidated me. It is definitely long and has a premise that at first appears scary so maybe that was what help me back for so long but after getting approved to review the much anticipated and long awaited sequel I decided to give book one a try. I loved it. I was a bit disturbed by the villain but I wasn't terrified and I am excited to hang out in the roaring 20s' with Evie again in 2016.

10964

Another book that was on my Top books of the year list and rightfully so. It would probably make it to my top TV show list also as it is also just as entertaining. I don't have to sugar coat why I haven't gotten into the rest of the series yet; these books are LONG. Not a single one less than 600 pages and the print is not big at all. Sometimes with longer books I think about what else I could have read in the same time and I definitely need to stop doing that. As long as I am being entertained and reading books I WANT to read then the length shouldn't be an issue. "Drangonfly In Amber," here I come!

22084431

I read the first book in this series mid-2015 but I own the whole damn thing. I have those second print editions that are bind-ups and I got them on www.bookout.com for incredibly cheap so I really hoped I would enjoy the first one...and I did. It is exactly what it looks like. A cheesy paranormal story about aliens. Over the top and campy but so fun and snarky that I flew through it and I know I will the rest of the series as well. I just need to buckle down and read them. Overall Armentrout wrote a light and fun book that also happens to have sexy aliens and reminds me of "Twilight" so what's not to love?

5088200

I ended up picking up two Margaret Atwood books this year and I plan to keep picking them up as long as she keeps writing them. I want to read her entire collection and I hope to plow through quite a bit of it this year. One thing I really want to accomplish is finishing this series. Before you view this as a recommendation to pick this up yourself I would suggest reading a few pages or at least the description and a few reviews because I can't imagine this would be a book series for everyone. It is bizarre to say the least and the writing style will also not be for everyone. I really had to get into it but once I did I was hooked and I can't wait to see what happens in the other two stories.

2459785

I have said this before about Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad series. It is amazing. It just is. But it is also a bit of a difficult read. She weaves characters and mysterious situations together in a way that if you blink you might miss something. Plus, I really didn't find any of the characters likable which just added to the story in my opinion. It was a bit draining to read however and that is why I haven't continued. But I want to in 2016 as I hear it just keeps getting better and since I loved the first one so much it will be hard to beat.

16150831

The shame is real. This was published back in October 2014. I loved the first two books and first two novellas. I CRIED in both novellas and I actually just read "Sparks Rise" this year with the intention of picking up the final book and still have not done it. Then Bracken goes and writes a 3rd novella and I just HAVE to read this. I have to. It is one of the best series out there and I have to know what happens. 2016 bring on the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment